Under this Resolution, the Government agreed to approve the regulation on cases in which personal data is processed without the consent of the data owner, including:
- To protect the life and health of the data owner or others in an emergency situation;
- The disclosure of personal data in accordance with the law;
- The processing of data by competent regulatory authorities in the event of a state of emergency on national defense, security, social order and safety, major disasters, or dangerous epidemics; when there is a risk of threatening security and national defense but not to the extent of declaring a state of emergency; to prevent and combat riots and terrorism, to prevent and combat crimes and law violations according to the provisions of law;
- To fulfill the contractual obligations of the data owners with relevant agencies, organizations and individuals as prescribed by law;
- To serve the activities of regulatory agencies as prescribed by specialized laws.
This Resolution comes into force as of the date of signing.
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 601|